This is my personal blog, started in the fall of 2007 when I took off on a bike trip down the west coast of North America. That was back when I (arguably) had interesting things to say and worthwhile photos to post. Now that I am not doing anything remotely interesting with my life I am not exactly sure what the purpose of this blog will be beyond wowing you with my extensive vocabulary and incredible whit.


The following disclaimer still applies:

Perhaps it is easiest to state what this site is not to be used for, because really, all else goes. It is not to be used by potential employers creeping on my online profile in order to determine whether I am a suitable candidate (I am and you should hire me) nor any other form of sizing up, especially in comparison to Enid, the blogiest of bloggers. Otherwise, it is no holds barred. So, unleash your politically incorrect comments laden with sexual reference and offensive language. I will do the same. Consider this fair warning and an advanced apology to anyone I might offend.


As does this quip:

It is my hope that this site helps us keep in touch, freeing me from writing tedious mass emails, because quite frankly, I can't be bloggered.

Read on!


Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Travelling in The States

The thing about traveling in The States is that it is so similar to Canada that I often forget I am not in my home country. There are none of the usual indicators that you are abroad like a foreign language, weird road signs, different food, racial make-up, etc. Thus, reminders that I am not in Canada come as a surprise and seem all the more peculiar, reminders such as Hobby and Gun Stores.
Now, I don't quite get this... does Jim-Bob walk into the store, looking for a model airplane, get side tracked by the handguns, and walk out a proud and free American? "Yeah, I was thinking about picking up a hobby, but I settled on a gun." Differences like these make me give my head a shake.


3 comments:

Laurence said...

Salut Éric
Je viens de recevoir ton mail. Nice blog. Nice trip. Donne des nouvelles. Will you try to buy a gun? Juste pour voir si c'est si facile.
Bye
Laurence

Eric Brown said...

Oui, J'ai pense a faire ca... I'll let you know how it goes!

Marc-André Sabourin said...

Holà Éric!

Le voyage s'annonce fou (en fait, il l'est déjà d'après ce que j'ai pu lire)! J'ai bien hâte de suivre la suite de tes aventures...

By the way, I just had risotto for diner... and it was real good :P
I hope the bagel was nice...

Cheers,

Marc