This is my personal blog, started in the fall of 2007 when I took off on a bike trip down the west coast of North America. That was back when I (arguably) had interesting things to say and worthwhile photos to post. Now that I am not doing anything remotely interesting with my life I am not exactly sure what the purpose of this blog will be beyond wowing you with my extensive vocabulary and incredible whit.


The following disclaimer still applies:

Perhaps it is easiest to state what this site is not to be used for, because really, all else goes. It is not to be used by potential employers creeping on my online profile in order to determine whether I am a suitable candidate (I am and you should hire me) nor any other form of sizing up, especially in comparison to Enid, the blogiest of bloggers. Otherwise, it is no holds barred. So, unleash your politically incorrect comments laden with sexual reference and offensive language. I will do the same. Consider this fair warning and an advanced apology to anyone I might offend.


As does this quip:

It is my hope that this site helps us keep in touch, freeing me from writing tedious mass emails, because quite frankly, I can't be bloggered.

Read on!


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Turkey Dinner

I am feeling really lazy, and also quite jet lagged (more about this later.) I wouldn't even bother with this post if it weren't for the ridiculousness of this first picture of two turkeys being brined in preparation for Christmas dinner.


There isn't much of a storey here. Basically we brined a couple of turkeys, barbecued one of them and deep fried the other. We invited a bunch of people (most of you were there) and asked them to bring too much food. We ate until we felt sick.




Arguably, the most motivating aspect of deep frying a turkey is the industrial set up.





J, Phil and Graeme marvel, from a respectful distance, at the 16lb turkey frying in 5 gallons of oil over a propane torch. It truly was impressive. Note that Mike, not Graeme, is dangerously close to the boiling pot of oil. Weird.



4 comments:

Eenie said...

The turkey set up is not what I had pictured! This is WAY BETTER!! I love that it's hanging from a ladder! GAAAREGIGFIOKFDSHHGGGGHHHH!! I'm jealous.

Buglet said...

What is most astonishing is that Gmax in no way injured himself during the Christmas holidays, despite the presence of a vat of boiling oil, a chop saw, several five gallon buckets of industrial glue, and copious amounts of alcohol. A Christmas miracle indeed.

LEG said...

I wish I had been there! Looks like fun. Can you do it again when I get home?

Nora Havelaar said...

It was one of the best CHristmas dinners ever! The turkeys were so tender... I want it to be next Christmas now.