This is my personal blog, started in the fall of 2007 when I took off on a bike trip down the west coast of North America. That was back when I (arguably) had interesting things to say and worthwhile photos to post. Now that I am not doing anything remotely interesting with my life I am not exactly sure what the purpose of this blog will be beyond wowing you with my extensive vocabulary and incredible whit.


The following disclaimer still applies:

Perhaps it is easiest to state what this site is not to be used for, because really, all else goes. It is not to be used by potential employers creeping on my online profile in order to determine whether I am a suitable candidate (I am and you should hire me) nor any other form of sizing up, especially in comparison to Enid, the blogiest of bloggers. Otherwise, it is no holds barred. So, unleash your politically incorrect comments laden with sexual reference and offensive language. I will do the same. Consider this fair warning and an advanced apology to anyone I might offend.


As does this quip:

It is my hope that this site helps us keep in touch, freeing me from writing tedious mass emails, because quite frankly, I can't be bloggered.

Read on!


Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Birthday Feast!

I can't write this post with my regular tone of cynicism; my friends are just too awesome. On Saturday Robin, Rachel and Leigh cooked me a feast to beat all feasts, bar none. The spread was absolutely incredible and included fig and goat cheese pizza, apple and potato latkas, beet and red cabbage coleslaw, and a 25lb pig belly cooked on a bed of apple and onion they affectionately referred to as the meat carpet. It was truly awesome.

The only downside to this feast was that all my friends cleared out to go home and digest by 11 o'clock! I know we are getting older, but it was pathetic! If we have moved on to the dinner party stage of life, that is fair enough, but even my parents stay out later than 11pm... sometimes.

OK, back to how awesome the dinner was. Here are some photos:

Observe the meat carpet.

Observe how cute Mike and Robin are. See earlier postings re: J's face.

Observe Arlen's disgusting moustache.

Observe me cutting into my cake. It's a rooster, a cockerel if you will...

4 comments:

Eenie said...

J's face AND Arlen's mustache in ONE post? It's too much, birthday dude.

Anonymous said...

Arlen grated beets for the dinner until his hands were raw (raw!) and you only mention him for his mustache (which has since been shaved off!)? Rarely do I stick up for Arlen but on this occasion I feel like it is right (Also, because he shaved off the awful 'stache)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have to second the motion for Arlen credit. We forced him to do unpleasant tasks for hours. And to bear the brunt of our day-long mustache-related abuse.

Robin

Eric Brown said...

OH! That sucks... sorry about that Arlen. If I had known you were slagged for your hideous moustache all day while making me dinner, I wouldn't have been so cruel... At the very least I would have given you credit for grating the beets. Glad to hear Manuary has come to an end.