This is my personal blog, started in the fall of 2007 when I took off on a bike trip down the west coast of North America. That was back when I (arguably) had interesting things to say and worthwhile photos to post. Now that I am not doing anything remotely interesting with my life I am not exactly sure what the purpose of this blog will be beyond wowing you with my extensive vocabulary and incredible whit.


The following disclaimer still applies:

Perhaps it is easiest to state what this site is not to be used for, because really, all else goes. It is not to be used by potential employers creeping on my online profile in order to determine whether I am a suitable candidate (I am and you should hire me) nor any other form of sizing up, especially in comparison to Enid, the blogiest of bloggers. Otherwise, it is no holds barred. So, unleash your politically incorrect comments laden with sexual reference and offensive language. I will do the same. Consider this fair warning and an advanced apology to anyone I might offend.


As does this quip:

It is my hope that this site helps us keep in touch, freeing me from writing tedious mass emails, because quite frankly, I can't be bloggered.

Read on!


Sunday, September 28, 2008

Crown Mtn.


Here are a few photos from a hike I did yesterday with Rachel (Graeme's girlfriend, whom we all really like and hope he doesn't ef it up with.) The hike up Crown Mountain starts on the north shore of Vancouver at the Grouse Mountain parking lot, then winds its way up beyond the resort. The view from the top is incredible, with a panoramic view of Vancouver Island, the entire greater Vancouver area and south to Point Roberts, in the United States. We made a late start and consequently a late finish, hiking out just as the sun sank behind the horizon.

On the way down we came across a grizzly bear, chilling by a stream.

Luckily he was enclosed behind an electric fence and was well fed by resort staff.

2 comments:

Eenie said...

Dammit! I was like YOU SAW A GRIZZLY??
Yes, we do love Rachel.

Izzy said...

not me, i hate rachel. hate. okay, just kidding...i don't know....but once i get to know her i bet i will hate her. okay, probably not.

p.s. rachel, i like you actually. i am enid's american husband.